A conceptual redesign of the PlayStation App, looking to enhance the interface and user experience.
Last year I restructured the information architecture and interface design of the PS4 companion app (version 1.0) as a project in my spare time.
Summary of changes
- Interface style which aligns with PS4 UI and PlayStation digital products.
- Familiar design patterns, optimised for iOS.
- More intuitive information architecture:
- What’s New – Up to date, personalised news feed
- My PSN – Everything personal to the user
- Explore – Everything globally offered by PlayStation
- PS4 Connect – Companion App features
- More visual “What’s New” feed with content up front instead of behind several screens.
- Simplified notifications panel.
- Quick access to messaging.
- More personalised profile page.
Below is a partial prototype to illustrate key navigation points, hence not everything is interactive.
Note: This is purely for fun! It is not affiliated with the official features or design of the app.